The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors, a far away place for some. I enjoy the great outdoors. I love to camp, swim, walk, boat, hunt, fish, .... I have grown up watching my mother work in the garden during the summer and I have decided that now is the time for me to follow her lead and continue to enjoy the great outdoors in a new way. My mother has decided to completely tear out her flower gardens this year. If you knew my mother, you would understand that next year she will spend countless hours and money recreating these flower gardens. If mom isn't going to have beautiful flowers for me to sit and look at I am going to have to put in the labor and create my own oasis. Come along for the ride and see how a true novice makes it this year in the flower garden. Who knows, maybe I will even try vegetables next year.

Monday, May 24, 2010

It Finally Stopped Raining!!!

Rain, rain go away and come again another day. Well, it has finally gone away. The ground is still very moist, but the rain is gone for now. I will be spending quite a bit of time at work this week, but since the days are longer I will be able to work in the gardens during the evening hours.
I still have some plants that need to be planted in the ground. I need to get more potting soil and some plants from Memaw's and Mom's house, too. The plants that I have are doing great so far. They need some TLC and general attention before I am ready to post pictures. I feel that this blog and garden are going to be my saving grace this summer. There are now quite a few projects lined up at home for the summer months. The main project will remain the gardens. I hope that by the end of the summer between the gardens and the other home projects our house looks like a completely different place. This truly excites me and encourages me to be determined in any and every single project that I take on in life.
This week and next will prove to be interesting as my work project draws to a close and I gain the luxury of personal time at home. I look forward to spending time doing what I want to do and plan to post more regularly and frequently. Here's to the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment