The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors, a far away place for some. I enjoy the great outdoors. I love to camp, swim, walk, boat, hunt, fish, .... I have grown up watching my mother work in the garden during the summer and I have decided that now is the time for me to follow her lead and continue to enjoy the great outdoors in a new way. My mother has decided to completely tear out her flower gardens this year. If you knew my mother, you would understand that next year she will spend countless hours and money recreating these flower gardens. If mom isn't going to have beautiful flowers for me to sit and look at I am going to have to put in the labor and create my own oasis. Come along for the ride and see how a true novice makes it this year in the flower garden. Who knows, maybe I will even try vegetables next year.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hot and Dry Weather

The past few weeks have brought hot and dry weather my way. Much of the country is experiencing this uncomfortable weather. Hopefully we will see some rain this week. I know that about a month or so ago I was complaining about the rain and wet weather, but now I need rain.
Today my lawn looks like the first frost occurred a couple of nights ago. This obviously is not the case, but the grass has enough brown patches to make it look like fall is upon us. I have been attempting to bring my flower gardens back to life. I am concentrating on them even though they are not at all what I had planned. There are not as many beds or plants that I anticipated. Gardening has not been the priority that I wanted it to be this summer. That is okay though. I have still enjoyed working in the gardens and spending time outdoors.
Some readers might be wondering why I don't water my lawn. Honestly the thought has occurred to me, but it has always seemed quite bizarre in the past. I feel that watering my lawn will never happen. I enjoy being outside, but I am not that consumed with keeping up appearances.
Rains, rains come again some day soon, just don't stay for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment