The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors, a far away place for some. I enjoy the great outdoors. I love to camp, swim, walk, boat, hunt, fish, .... I have grown up watching my mother work in the garden during the summer and I have decided that now is the time for me to follow her lead and continue to enjoy the great outdoors in a new way. My mother has decided to completely tear out her flower gardens this year. If you knew my mother, you would understand that next year she will spend countless hours and money recreating these flower gardens. If mom isn't going to have beautiful flowers for me to sit and look at I am going to have to put in the labor and create my own oasis. Come along for the ride and see how a true novice makes it this year in the flower garden. Who knows, maybe I will even try vegetables next year.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

House Plants

Thursday I purchased two small house plants.  The crazy winter weather has made me long for spring or winter, either one really.  We have had a very mild winter and it makes me long for either cold weather and snow or warmer sunny weather.  The strange mild winter has made me want to think about my garden for the upcoming year.   I know that I have made posts on here previously and my gardening hasn't really panned out like I had hoped.  This year I am hoping to change all of that.  I do enjoy spending time outside and intend to make time for that this year.  The house plants are a start to my gardening efforts this year.  My mother and I are planning on starting some flowers and vegetables from seeds this year.  The planting process won't begin until around March.  I will share more about that when the time comes.


Now is the time to be concentrating on my house plants.  I did have a cactus at one time in my bathroom.  It died.  This might have been because of the moisture, but I mean I couldn't even keep a cactus alive.  This should be an interesting next few months.  These house plants should be fairly easy to care for and I hope that I am not getting in over my head.  I invite you to follow along and contribute and helpful comments and curious questions.  Throughout the process I will share information that I find helpful regarding plants.  During these "winter" months that will involve house plants.  Happy planting to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment