The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors, a far away place for some. I enjoy the great outdoors. I love to camp, swim, walk, boat, hunt, fish, .... I have grown up watching my mother work in the garden during the summer and I have decided that now is the time for me to follow her lead and continue to enjoy the great outdoors in a new way. My mother has decided to completely tear out her flower gardens this year. If you knew my mother, you would understand that next year she will spend countless hours and money recreating these flower gardens. If mom isn't going to have beautiful flowers for me to sit and look at I am going to have to put in the labor and create my own oasis. Come along for the ride and see how a true novice makes it this year in the flower garden. Who knows, maybe I will even try vegetables next year.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Glorious Rain

Honestly, I could do without the rain right now.  I am completely enjoying it though.  I am sitting in my living room in the recliner listening to the rain and thunder.  I LOVE days like this.  I have been up all night long and am hoping that this lovely melody does not lull me to sleep.  I know that rain is needed for the plants and the hardened Earth.  Maybe it won't stick around all day though.  Mowing the yard might make my 'To Do List' for next week.  Knowing that this weekly chore is just around the corner doesn't make me jump with joy.  Being outside is something that I do enjoy.  I look forward to tending to flowers and the garden, but sometimes I just really don't want to mow the yard.  Trimming the grass in the spring and fall usually aren't that bad though.  I make a point to mow just before dark in the hot summer weeks.  I am sure my neighbors really like the fact that I wait until an hour and a half before sunset to start mowing.  ***At least I don't mow before noon!*** Those people that do really tick me off!  No one wants to wake up to hear a lawn mower any day of the week!

Ah, the rain is already slowing.  The birds are beginning to chirp once again.  It must be time for me to make a cup of coffee and start my day by actually accomplishing some real work on this computer.  I wish you all a wonderful day and hope that you are able to find some way to see the joy and smile at the weather where you are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment