The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors, a far away place for some. I enjoy the great outdoors. I love to camp, swim, walk, boat, hunt, fish, .... I have grown up watching my mother work in the garden during the summer and I have decided that now is the time for me to follow her lead and continue to enjoy the great outdoors in a new way. My mother has decided to completely tear out her flower gardens this year. If you knew my mother, you would understand that next year she will spend countless hours and money recreating these flower gardens. If mom isn't going to have beautiful flowers for me to sit and look at I am going to have to put in the labor and create my own oasis. Come along for the ride and see how a true novice makes it this year in the flower garden. Who knows, maybe I will even try vegetables next year.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MOWING?!?!?!?!?!

Yes, I mowed my yard for the very first time this year on Sunday afternoon.  I usually try not to mow on Sunday, but it was going to rain that afternoon and throughout this week.  I just couldn't wait any longer.  We have a ton of clover in our yard and it was purple with blooms, very pretty.  I felt bad for my little dog though.  She really doesn't like getting wet when she goes out and with the grass high she was getting soaked.  I have a small yard and push mowed the yard as usual.  It was so nice to be able to get out and enjoy the day like that.  I do have to say that the front yard was still a bit wet.  I almost fell like four times.  I shouldn't complain, I was in my normal mowing uniform of flip-flops and shorts.  I know, not very safe.  I do wear pants and shoes if I am weed-eating.  

I am still working on planning out my flower garden for this year.  I hope to be able to get that knocked out later this week.  My mother and I are going to work on planning out the vegetable garden and actually get plants started in pods next week.  She works in education and is on break for this week and next week.  We are hoping that the weather will be nice and we will be able to enjoy the outdoors together the next couple of weeks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment