The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors, a far away place for some. I enjoy the great outdoors. I love to camp, swim, walk, boat, hunt, fish, .... I have grown up watching my mother work in the garden during the summer and I have decided that now is the time for me to follow her lead and continue to enjoy the great outdoors in a new way. My mother has decided to completely tear out her flower gardens this year. If you knew my mother, you would understand that next year she will spend countless hours and money recreating these flower gardens. If mom isn't going to have beautiful flowers for me to sit and look at I am going to have to put in the labor and create my own oasis. Come along for the ride and see how a true novice makes it this year in the flower garden. Who knows, maybe I will even try vegetables next year.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Making a Plan

It is time for me to really start planning out the flower beds for this spring and summer.  I know that I am going to actually draw out some plans and do some research on the plants before I just dive into it blind like I usually do.  It saves time in the long run for me to plan out for these things and stick to the plan, for the most part at least.  Symmetry is something that I really like to make sure to incorporate into most everything that I do.  I like to have things look appealing in that way to the eye.  There are many people and experts that know much more than I do that would like to approach things in a different way and lend a more creative approach.

Pictures will be set to come in the future.  I know that I have promised these before, but I am thinking of actually following through in the near future.  I challenge you to plan out your space and make a plan before starting your planting this year.  Don't forget that you can make a plan that spans over the season or one that will span over a few years.  Depending on your budget you might want to smart small and simple and then expand upon your plans over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment