The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors, a far away place for some. I enjoy the great outdoors. I love to camp, swim, walk, boat, hunt, fish, .... I have grown up watching my mother work in the garden during the summer and I have decided that now is the time for me to follow her lead and continue to enjoy the great outdoors in a new way. My mother has decided to completely tear out her flower gardens this year. If you knew my mother, you would understand that next year she will spend countless hours and money recreating these flower gardens. If mom isn't going to have beautiful flowers for me to sit and look at I am going to have to put in the labor and create my own oasis. Come along for the ride and see how a true novice makes it this year in the flower garden. Who knows, maybe I will even try vegetables next year.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Transformation Time

So... my awesome friend at DSG Designs is coming in this weekend and I am hoping to steal him away for a bit to at least give me some pointers on what I can do with my yard.  Scott is an amazing Landscape Designer in Nashville.  He does some really great designs and I am really impressed with everything I have seen.  Keeping that in mind, I am not in the market for one of his amazing designs.  I just need some direction.  My house and neighborhood would not know what to do if he transformed my yard.  I live in a very rural small town.  If you meet anyone on any road other than the highway that runs through town you slow down and scoot over into a yard or driveway to get passed the other vehicle, literally.  Scott is pretty awesome though and will have some easy to maintain suggestions for me.  I am thinking of trying some pine straw in the beds and different areas instead of the regular mulch.
  
Definitely not going in my backyard, but here you can see the pine straw pretty good.  This by the way is one of DSG's designs.  I like the way that this looks in the finished product.  I think that newly planted flowers and greenery would also look good in a straw bed.  Hopefully I will have some interesting tidbits to share with you next week.  Too bad I can't have something like that picture in my backyard.  I think I should upgrade houses before I start in on a landscaping upgrade like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment